Saturday 5 October 2013

Madonna Reveals I was Raped on a Roof Top at knife Point (Must Read)



"New York wasn't everything I thought it would be. It did not welcome me with open arms. The first year, I was held up at gunpoint. Raped on the roof of a building I was dragged up to with a knife in my back. [I] had my apartment broken into three times. I don't know why; I had nothing of value after they took my radio the first time."

--Madonna on what it was like when she first moved to New York City in the late 70's, and man. What an awful, bleak story. Did anybody really realize what she went through in order to bring "Express Yourself" and "Lucky Star" to the world? Likely not.

In the same interview, Madonna also showed us her strong side and talked about fighting for your beliefs:

"I didn't know that trying to adopt a child was going to land me in another s--- storm. I was accused of kidnapping, child trafficking, using my celebrity muscle to jump ahead in the line, bribing government officials, witchcraft, you name it. I could get my head around people giving me a hard time for simulating masturbation onstage or publishing my Sex book, even kissing Britney Spears at an awards show, but trying to save a child's life was not something I thought I would be punished for ... In any case, I got through it. I survived. One of the many things I learned from all of this: If you aren't willing to fight for what you believe in, then don't even enter the ring."

There she is, guys. Hidden beneath all of the latex and gold grills and licking as of late, is the Madonna we admire as a performer and a woman and above all, a person. Good for you, girl -- no matter what, rising above; like always, apparently. Maybe we just never noticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Comments on this blog are not posted by blog owner. Therefore, she will not be liable for any comment made by readers.Thank you.

Twitter Bird Gadget